Friday, March 4, 2011

The realization of dreams coming true

My desire to start a blog has been a long time coming. I have always been mystified by our criminal justice system as well as journalism. Since I am studying both in college I decided what better way to keep track of those things than through a blog. I do not presume I will have a huge following. I do not presume that this will be some miracle project. However, I do presume that in my lifetime this will be my "baby".

This is a learning process for me. I will never say that I am a perfect writer. I will never say that I hold all truths when it comes to the criminal justice system. I am human. I have opinions. I have memories. I have feelings and emotions. I am sure those things will determine how and why I write. I will always try to be objective, however. I encourage others to comment. I do as that you restrict your language to that of mature adults who are respectful of others who may be reading comments. Not everyone chooses to listen to harsh language and I believe a mutual respect on sites of this nature should be a mainstay rather than a chance happening.

Words are a wonderful way to teach, learn, and communicate but they should always be used with the highest respect and regard. I will never keep people from speaking their opinion. I think that is one of our greatest rights here in the United States. I do believe that people can speak without being offensive regardless of their opinion and I expect others to do the same when it comes to blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment